Dalziel High School War Memorial Trust
News By Month
News By Category
Latest Football Report

Dumbarton Acad 0 - 4 Dalziel FP
Dalziel sealed the Caledonian Premier League title in emphatic style with a comprehensive win away to last years winners Dumbarton.
The opening 15 minutes of the game were tense for both teams, but Dalziel settled their nerves with a well taken goal by Mark Jamieson who slid the ball home from after Scott Kyle got into the box and laid the ball back. Dumbarton were keen obviously keen not to lose their grip on the title at home and forced a series of corners, but the Dalziel defence stood firm, superbly marshalled by Simon Stewart and Gerry Jamieson. Early in the second half Dumbarton were awarded a free kick in the Dalziel box after keeper Andy Sweeney handled a pass back, but once again the Dalziel defence blocked the shot, Colm McGarry clearing the ball off the line.
Within 5 minutes Dalziel went two up, with Dumbarton pressing for an equaliser gaps started to appear in midfield, Robert Sharp found top scorer Graham Donaldson who cut in from the left wing and from 18 yards he fired a powerful shot past the keeper and into the net. Dalziel were now in command and they started to move the ball about the park, and sealed victory with 10 minutes left when a slick move involving Darren Ferguson, and Martin Scott saw the ball moved inside to David Jackson who quickly nudged the ball further to the right for Paul Crumley to lash the ball home. The icing was put on the cake for Dalziel when with two minutes left Craig McLeod reacted quickest to a loose ball in from a corner and fired the ball high into the net! An excellent result that moves Dalziel from runners up last year to winners with 2 league games remaining.
Dalziel unfortunately did not manage to give themselves the chance of a double when they crashed out of the Douglas Smith Memorial trophy losing the second leg of the semi final 0 -1 to Glasgow Harp at Dalziel Park, losing 2 -3 on aggregate.
17th May 2007 00:00:00
Donate Online